It was a very stormy day and I was paddling out on Lake Superior. Dan Cody's Yacht loomed in the
distance. It was the most extravagant vessel I had ever seen. I tied up frantically in order to warn his
crew of the ominous storm on the way. I was awestruck as I stepped aboard the boat. It was nothing
like the clamming boats I had been working on all summer. Everything was so lavish and well
decorated. I recall staring at the plush pillows with shining Gold tassels and thinking to myself that
one day I would have a bed full of them. I told Dan my name was Jay Gatsby. It flowed off of my
tongue nicely and stuck with me ever since just as the lifestyle I had stumbled upon did too. This is
when i reinvented myself. I became who I wanted to be so simply. From then on, I lived my lie until
it became truth. I did not know this moment would impact my life so heavily. I spent my time
Traveling with Cody to the Barbary Coast and west Indies, this is when I fell in love with wealth and
luxury. I knew I could never go back to the simple lifestyle I had once been a part of. the only burden
I faced was Dan's drinking problems. I learned a lot from that man including never to abuse alcohol.
I often took care of him when he would go crazy with drinking binges. His death was devastating,
but he left me with a new view of the world and myself. Also he left me with 25,000 dollars only to
be confiscated by his awful mistress. his memory has stuck with me ever since and I attribute him
with introducing me to the beautiful life I live.
No comments:
Post a Comment