The day I left Daisy was the hardest day of my life. We both knew that I had to leave for the war, but
feared the outcome. I felt as if we were already married and knew she would wait for me. Despite
her promise to wait, I of course had my worries. Daisy was young and beautiful, any man would be
happy to have her. I loved her for her youth and vitality, and idolized
her social position, wealth, and
popularity. In order to even feel somewhat worthy of her I had to lie about who I was entirely. I knew
I cold not truly have her when I was away. As the days went on and the war continued My love
never faded. I wondered if daisy felt the same way or thought about me as I had thought about her
Time continued and the idea of her was becoming more distant and less vivid. I felt that I was losing
her. It was as if we had a connection despite being so far away. I longed to see her. She was the only
woman I ever truly felt close with and her spirit lifted mine. When I finally returned I heard news of
her marriage to Tom Buchanan. I have never felt so much pain in my entire life. It was as if I was
glass shattered into a million pieces that only Daisy could put back together. The thought of her with
another man ignited a fire within me. I never lost hope. I knew she would find her way back to me. I
began dedicating myself to becoming her ideal man for when that time finally came. I dedicated
myself to living my lie. Hopefully this would mean she would never discover I was at one point not
good enough for her. Now I wait for the opportunity to see her again and finally have her as my own.
this time I will promise her to never leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment