Friday, April 24, 2015

Why I had the parties

The real reason as to why I throw Lavish parties has everything to do with my affection for Daisy. I

spend so much time waiting for her to show up that it kills me inside. Most of those who walk

through my door are complete strangers and do not ever even see my face. This is the way i want it to

 be. I will remain disconnected until I find her. She is my only source of happiness and I will not

even bother to be happy around others such as my guests until she is by my side. I hope the day will

 come when Daisy stumbles through the door to coincidentally find that I am the owner of the

impressive home. In my mind I will know that this was no coincidence, but a premeditated plan that

has been living in my mind for a long period of time. She will see me and be so delighted. We will

pick up where we left off as if no time has ever passed and she will realize I was the one she always

wanted. She will choose me over Tom. All that has to happen is her coming to one of my parties. I

am growing so frustrated. Time after time I wait and wait to see her walking towards my home, but

she never shows. Her absence destroys me mentally and throws me into a depression. I often cannot

come out of this mental state and have become less involved in these extravagant parties. I have

become a myth among my guests. They never even think to question why they are there and whom to

 thank, but instead continue on with their superficial and temporary happiness while I wait for my

true happiness to waltz through the door. I am growing tired of waiting, but still have faith. I will wait

for her even though she didn't wait for me.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gatsby,
    I am so confused right now. I thought you wanted Myrtle to come to the parties!! If you are right, who was having an affair with my wife? I really thought my story was true. That would mean it was Nick or Tom who Myrtle was having an affair with. I still don't regret killing you at all because you still killed my wife . She still cheated on me but I’m it wasn’t with you. You are the man who killed my wife while probably drunk. I respect you a little bit more but, you are still a terrible man and I hate you!
    George
    (Daniel)

    ReplyDelete